I used my time away from the Craft Den to enjoy time with my family but also as an opportunity to relax and be inspired, as well as have lots of scrummy food!
The topic of the last #craftblogclub chat I hosted was "how do you find inspiration for your crafty projects (and/or blogs) when you get a mental block?". I found this trip helped me recharge and I have a notebook fully of crafty ideas and tons of photos to inspire me when I loose my crafty mojo.
|I saw these people in beautiful bright orange clothing who were in complete contrast against the natural background|
|A random picture that my 3 year old nephew told me to take a photo of and there is something about it I like. Sometimes its fun to see the world from a child's perspective|
We all lose our mojo sometimes, it's a sign we need to stop for 5 minutes. Here are my top tips plus some tips from fellow #craftblogclub members on finding inspiration:
- I like to get out and about, take photos and get some fresh air to clear the mind.
- I enjoy visiting museums and galleries. A lot of them are free which is always a bonus!
- I love Pinterest, it is great for inspiration, but addictive!
- @i_heart_home goes through her craft stash to find ideas.
- Visiting shops is great to look at current trends, @CherishedTerace added she thinks it is cool to go to a shop and think "I can make that so much cheaper", I agree!
- A trip to a coffee shop with a book, focusing on something else can spark ideas
- @Kay_O mentioned real life is inspiring and this is everywhere!
- @nappycakes1511 likes flicking through magazines.
- I like to flick through my craft books.
- Myself and @daintyandivory always carry a notebook for when inspiration strikes
- @giftfrippery visits markets at home and on holiday where they are lovely, vibrant, colourful places
Do you have any tips you would like to share on finding inspiration?