Monday 27 January 2014

January isn't so blue....

January can be a lot quieter and feel flat after the busy period in the run up to Christmas.  Although I have a sale in my shops I am not under the illusion I can compete with the high street sales.  I am enjoying the quieter month and taking the opportunity to work on new ideas (when I haven't been ill, those winter bugs need to do one now!)

work in progress from my Craft Den
 
Thank you to my hubby for
this book for Christmas....
As well as getting messy in my Craft Den, I now have a 2014 plan, in the form of a colourful spreadsheet.  It has all the key seasonal dates, product launch dates as well as plotting my blog ideas.  Whilst in organising mode I have started to get my head around accounts and tax!! 

What is very exciting and new for 2014 is I will be one of the hosts of #craftblogclub on Twitter and my first hosting session is on 28th January!!
#craftblogclub was started by the Lovely Emma and due to the popularity she now has me and 2 others helping her host.  It is on Twitter every Tuesday, 7-8.30pm.  Join like minded craft bloggers, lovers of craft blogs and crafters.  It is a fun, non-competitive arena to chat about anything craft and blogging related, as well as monthly crafty challenges. 
My discussion topics this week are "What, or who, inspired you to start a blog? Is there a blog you admire?" And if there is time, "Who inspired and taught you to craft?"  I am so excited to be involved, I hope you can join us for a chat tomorrow.

If you are on Twitter you can follow me @fizzijayne
fizzi~jayne x

P.S you may have noticed I have tinkered with my blog layout, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love to hear from you, whether you just pop by to say hi, share your experiences or want to give me feedback. I appreciate your comments and love reading them.