We practiced lots with our cameras using our own products as well as having some fun with action men....
- Experimenting with depth of field
- Focusing on an object in the background
- Focussing on the object at the front
I also learnt about metering, it turns out the bar in the view finder actually means something! By over exposing a white background it looks white (not a dirty off white which can happen) and under exposing makes a grey or black background actually look like their true colour not a bleached out version.
- Over exposed
- various levels of exposure on a dark grey background
- We had a chance to work with studio lights and controlling shadows with diffusers and reflectors. This image was taken using flash lighting
|Furniture made by a fellow class mate http://www.tortiehoare.com/|
If you want to improve your product photography I would recommend a similar course and if you are in the London area check out the courses available at DSLR Photography Courses. I was really impressed with their studio set up and our tutor Katerina was very knowledgeable and inspiring.
I need to practice now and hopefully you will see improvements with my photography in the future.