- I'll go back to posting weekly with more tutorials in 2017.
- Write everyday. This will help keep on top of all the posts I want to write but also improve my writing, practice makes perfect! I worry this may not be realistic but I'm planning to fit in 15 minutes every day whilst having my morning coffee.
- Start my #100fizzijaynepatterns challenge inspired by #100dayofpatternsCBC. I will be designing and creating my own patterns. It's not a 100 day challenge, I don't want to put myself under that sort of pressure but through the course of 2017 I will create 100 patterns using various techniques. I'm really excited about starting this and seeing how I develop creatively.
- Start teaching craft workshops. I want to share my passion and knowledge to help others have a creative lifestyle. I'm in the early stages of planning and sourcing locations in my local area at the moment but hope to start these in Spring.
- Regularly list products into my Folksy shop, at least 10 per month.
- Launch new products and designs.
- Following the success of selling through No3 Royston I want to find another stockist in 2017.
To help me plan and to actually achieve these goals I am following the 100 Day Goal and using the Your Best Year 2017: Productivity Workbook and Creative Business Planner
I need to have a better work/life balance, so I will take time off when I need it, I just need to work on not feeling guilty and be able to switch fizzi~jayne off once in a while!
I want to....
- Read more. I have a pile of fiction as well as business development books I want to read.
- I started to practice calligraphy last year and this year I want to try out brush lettering.
- Sketch more. I want to make time to just doodle and improve my drawing skills.
- Learn German. I did a year of German at school and was actually quite good at it but due to timetable clashes I chose to continue in French and Art. I always wanted to go back to it and I've been recommended the App Duolingo which I'm finding really easy to fit into my day. I feel a trip to Germany needs to be planned for this year!
- If nothing else, I need to start believing in myself more and not put any limits on what I can achieve.