Friday 22 January 2016

Book Review ~ 2016, Your Best Year by Lisa Jacobs....

We're only a few weeks into January and if you're one of the 1 in 3 who have ditched their New Year resolutions, its not too late to plan and make 2016 your best year.




I've recently read Lisa Jacob's book. Well, it is more of a workbook and really gets you thinking about your business as well as yourself, taking a holistic approach to setting and achieving your goals. I've had some a-ha moments that have made me think about my approach to not just my business but all areas of my life.

I like how the book is laid out and Lisa is practical and comes across as being very enthusiastic. She runs a successful jewellery business alongside her consultancy for marketing entrepreneurs and she practices what she preaches.

It is a book that should be used throughout the year as it encourages regular appraisals. I like the 3 month and mid year review and the looking forward and back each month as it keeps you focussed on your goals throughout the year.  I will have to ensure I do this and not put the book back on the shelf to be forgotten about until I plan 2017!  

The only disappointment is the lack of explanation for using some of the worksheets in the "Do" section,  I referred to her blog as a reference for some of it but I would have found it useful to have some guidance to help me complete it.

Lisa's blog is worth checking out, at the end of last year she went through some of the exercises which helped me and there are a lot of helpful marketing tips for a creative business.

It is a useful approach and a template I shall use again in 2017. Overall it is a valuable resource and if you run a creative business I would recommend it.

Have you used this or another resource to plan your goals in 2016? I'd love to hear about your plans and how you are making them happen.

fizzi~jayne x

Disclaimer: The Amazon links in this post are affiliated.

2 comments:

  1. This is really a nice and informative, containing all information and also has a great impact on the new technology. Thanks for sharing it
    product reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'm pleased you enjoyed my book review :-)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love to hear from you, whether you just pop by to say hi, share your experiences or want to give me feedback. I appreciate your comments and love reading them.