Tuesday 20 January 2015

Crochet Book Review....

Are you thinking of trying a new craft this year? Do you fancy having a go at Crochet?

If you have been reading this blog for a while you will know 2014 was the year I taught myself to Crochet and I love it! So I thought I would share with you some tips to get you started that I picked up as a beginner. I will have more practical tips in my next post but first I want to share with you my favourite Crochet Book ~ Crochet: The Complete Step-By-Step Guide~ and this is great for beginners....



I got this for my birthday which was 11 months after I started to teach myself and I wish I had this sooner. It has clear instructions taking you through the techniques and stitches.  It's in easy to follow step by step guides with clear photography with projects along the way so you can practise the stitches you have just learnt.  It covers the basics through to more adventurous techniques so even if you know the basics this book can help you improve your skills.

If you have been crocheting for a while this book has lovely projects in them. There are a lot of great patterns, including bags, toys, stuff to wear, accessories, home and gifts, blankets and cushions.  I don't think there is one I won't make at some point.  There are some great gift ideas in this book but my first project I made was for myself and I made this lap blanket....




Each pattern has a level of difficulty, so you can pick a project based on your ability.



The only down side is it's a hardback and it is so jam packed with projects, techniques and beautiful photography that it is a heavy book so it's not easy to throw in your bag and carry around.  This is a minor thing and doesn't stop me from loving it and recommending it.

Do you crochet, have you got a crochet book you would recommend?

fizzi~jayne x

Disclaimer: The Amazon links in this post are affiliated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love to hear from you, whether you just pop by to say hi, share your experiences or want to give me feedback. I appreciate your comments and love reading them.