Monday 20 April 2015

2015 Update...

We're one third of the way through 2015 and I thought it was a good time to check-in and see how I am doing with my goals that I set at the beginning of the year.....

Organise my admin
I now have a system and some pretty stationary, of course! I just need to keep on top of it which is easier said than done, but I have time planned in to do it, so I just need to do it! Which leads perfectly on to my second goal....

Less procrastination
I am getting better at this but it's still work in progress.  I think it helps that I am excited about my plans for this year but I'm also using some easy yet helpful tactics....

  • I'm getting up earlier, I'm not a morning person so this is a personal achievement. 
  • Regular breaks help. By stepping away from a piece of work to make a cuppa I can go back to it with a fresh outlook.
  • I've turned off the notifications for any social media alerts on my phone and I only check these and my emails at set times during the day.

Relaunch my Folksy shop and launch a website
I had a lot of custom orders during February and March which were a pleasant surprise and they have kept me busy but my schedule has been pushed back. I have now limited the number of slots available for custom orders whilst I focus on the online side of my business and I get ready for the craft fairs I have booked.

I am in the process of adding my products on to my Folksy shop. My website is near completion and once I have tested it, launch should be next month. It has been a labour of love and I can't wait to share it with you.



Read more
This is one thing I'm not doing very well. I am behind in my Good Reads challenge and I have a pile of books I want to read. I may need to put my crochet hooks down to make the time!

Crafting 
I'm not learning any new crafts this year but instead immersing myself more in the ones I already enjoy to learn more techniques. So far I've been getting to grips with my new Silhouette Machine (Camilla). I introduced Camilla as part of the #CraftBlogClub challenge reveal where I share a couple of the projects I made.



Lose weight  
I've lost 14lbs so far, woo hoo! I'm not losing it quick enough so I may not fit in the dress I want to wear for my friend's wedding but it just means I'll have to go shopping, what a shame!!

As well as eating healthier and watching the calories I have been running with a club and signed up for a 10km run which is keeping me motivated.  Running is my me time outside of the craft den and I'm really enjoying it, even in the wetter and colder months I still went out, one time it was -4 degrees!


How are you getting on with your 2015 goals? Or have they been long forgotten?

fizzi~jayne x

2 comments:

  1. Have you found any differences between Folksy and Etsy?

    And well done on the weight loss?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had better success with Folksy and I prefer it as it is a British business. I'm going to continue with both until the end of the year and monitor their performance with the plan to only sell on one.

    Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love to hear from you, whether you just pop by to say hi, share your experiences or want to give me feedback. I appreciate your comments and love reading them.