Monday 25 August 2014

Another Day in London....

I had another day out in London last week, unfortunately it isn't a new weekly thing, I had another crafty meet up so I took the opportunity to make a day of it. 

I was meeting Laura from Bugs and Fishes in the afternoon so I visited the V&A's Wedding Dress exhibit in the morning and it was AWESOME! If you like wedding dresses or you are interested in fashion history, or if like me you love both, then this is a must see!

The exhibit showcases wedding dresses and documents the history from 1775 to the present day. If you like celeb weddings they have dresses from Gwen Stefani, Kate Moss and Dita Von Teese.

You weren't allowed to take pics so I had the excuse to buy the book so I can revisit the gorgeous-ness of the dresses and swot up on the history, I'm a geek for history especially if it is about pretty dresses.

My favourite dress was called "The Flower Bomb" I am trying to convince my hubby to get married again just so I can have this dress, so far no success!

The Flower Bomb




I didn't have enough time to visit the rest of the gallery otherwise I would be late meeting Laura at the National Gallery. After the obligatory tea and cake we had a wander around the gallery, it was nice to just amble and chat about art, creative things and life. I love being self employed and working from home but it can feel isolated so I think it is important to meet other crafters/small business owners to be inspired and share the challenges of running a creative business.

Before heading home we visited the Tower of London to see the poppies.  You don't have to go into the Tower to see it, just get off the tube to Tower Hill and follow the crowds.  It's an amazing and thought provoking sight....



After having a couple of inspiring days out in London it's time to get my head down in the craft den.  I'm getting lots of custom orders and I am working on Christmas ranges.  I have lots planned for this blog too, I can't wait to share it with you....

fizzi~jayne x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love to hear from you, whether you just pop by to say hi, share your experiences or want to give me feedback. I appreciate your comments and love reading them.